Digital Marketing & Startups!
To market your product/service to your target audience, a business website is a prerequisite. However, simply having a business website that showcases varied products and services is not enough. One needs to ensure that the potential customers can locate your website on the search engine as it is crucial for the growth and success of the business. Let us understand the significance of digital marketing and its implementation and few terms that are associated with this dynamic area.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) It is extremely important to possess an SEO-friendly website for a business to run successfully. SEO means integrating your website in a way that achieves a favorable rank on relevant search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo. The higher your web page rank on these search engines the greater is your chances to gain more users, who can then be converted into new customers for your business.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) Social Media can be used as an effective marketing channel as most of the customers are coming online with their personal accounts and marketing here becomes important for the business to gain success through the use of Social Media Marketing. Therefore, websites like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter offer business enterprises the opportunity to market their products/services to the target audience via paid ads or organically through hashtags. It is crucial for an entrepreneur to make full use of these platforms.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) It is critical that you draw as many customers as you can to your business website. High traffic will lead to enhanced chances of conversions. Pay Per Click is an internet business mechanism that allows one to draw direct traffic to their website at a price that needs to be paid to the host website, holding an advertisement for them.
- Email Marketing Engaging with the target customer base benefits the startups as it helps in gaining more leads coupled with a higher website traffic volume. It is a highly cost-effective way to interact with your targeted customers. An extensive analysis of user behavior, their likes and dislikes are a must before starting an email campaign. Here, startups can not only consolidate their existing customer base but also build brand loyalty through this type of marketing module.
- Content Marketing A startup must have a clear content marketing strategy to become a highly successful brand on social media and the internet. There are certain fundamentals that one must address before creating content for their website. Knowledge about their own product and services and how relevant they are to the targeted audience is very essential. The content on the website should not only be a propaganda text, but it should also talk about in detail how it solves real-life situations for prospective consumers of a product or service. Moreover, content must not be simply targeted to potential customers, but it should also cater to the existing customers.